The underfloor heating is a heating system very suitable for sustainable houses , in which energy savings and high comfort is sought.
The underfloor heating system is a high thermal inertia system which works at very low temperatures .
- HIGH THERMAL INERTIA : the high inertia of the system makes the heat be stored in the ground , so once hot the system only has to maintain the temperature, not warm start from zero, which means energy savings. This system along with a team of high yields are considered energy efficient for sustainable houses .
- ENERGY SAVING : The tubes are placed from 3 to 5 cm , below the surface , with a spacing of 10 to 30 cm between them.Water circulating through the tubes between 35 and 45 ° C , the soil is kept between 20 and 28 ° C and the temperature between 18 and 22 ° C. The level of comfort is achieved with this type of heat is ideal. Water is heated to 40 ° C to keep the house at 20 ° C. No need to heat the water at high temperatures to achieve comfort as dealing with a large surface, acts as a giant radiator, so that more saving is achieved than with other systems .
- INVISIBLE : No heating appliances in the house (radiators , fan coil units … ), resulting good for decoration .
- COMFORT : The heat of the house is nice and uniform, no temperature gradients neither turbulent air ..
- SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN : With this type of heating can let children play quietly on the floor because the temperature is pleasant and at the same time prevent them from the cold.
- SOIL TYPES : The heating system allows you to install any type of floor , from ceramic to stone, wood or carpet .
- INSURANCE: All floor heating circuits begin and end in collectors placed above ground . No high quality joints and tube , crosslinked polyethylene ensures the absence of faults.
As a disadvantage should be added that it is not recommended for people with circulation problems in the legs.
It is not recommended for temperate climates, since the high thermal inertia becomes a disadvantage and makes it not a heating system on and off, because it is an heating system to be on continuously, so it is profitable for houses in cold areas.
One variations are the radiant walls. Less known but of equal or better features.
The floor and wall heating systems are an appropriate heating system for sustainable houses for energy savings and green building and healthy houses.